Re: [TowerTalk] TenTec vs Icom Shootout @ BASSH

To: w5kft@nts-online.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TenTec vs Icom Shootout @ BASSH
From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:22:56 -0400
...the defacto standard contest radio currently is the Yaesu FT1000MP surely (don't call me Shirley) there is a Texan or two that could bring one along for a comparison to the two newcomers ====> that would be even more interesting! Since Kenwood has neglected to continue to try and play serious in this market as of late I would say that those three are the "if I won the lotto" picks, at least currently!

Sounds like an interesting program - please summarize on your web site or CQ-Contest - thanks! Tomorrow the Florida Contest Group is gathering for its yearly meeting and drool fest at K4XS' QTH/super station - if I see anything interesting at Xray Sugar I will pass it along to the group...

Jim, K4OJ

w5kft@nts-online.net wrote:

I guess most folks have seen the recent very positive review that ON4UN put out on the new Ten Tec Orion transceiver. Seems that the two "radios of choice" now seem to be the Icom IC-756 PRO II and the Ten Tec Orion.

Well, lets have an old fashion Texas shootout and decide which is the better radio. At the DX BASH on Oct 10 and Oct 11 we will have both radios set up side by side at the W5KFT contest station
so that you can test, play with, check out and use both of these radios. Thanks to both Icom and Ten Tec for making these available for the BASH on Oct 10-11

In addition Herb Blair K5IDX will be doing a special antenna analysis presentation. Herb will be bringing a great deal of very specialized test equipment and will use the antennas at the W5KFT contest station to do a program on antenna analysis.

Come join us next weekend. All the details are on the BASH website at

www.dxbash.com

If you have questions, let me know.

Bryan W5KFT