Re: [TowerTalk] The tower base is poured BUT...

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The tower base is poured BUT...
From: Norman Hockler <norsan@bright.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 16:59:59 -0400

Well look at the bright side.... with all that concrete you can make the tower talled

Norman N8NH

Hi Everyone

well i got the hole for the TX472 dug yesterday , but,
there was some confusion between me and the backhoe
guy somehow... instead of a hole 5x5x6.5 i ended up
with a really nice 5.5x7.5x7ft hole... it almost
doubled my concrete bill... but that was just the
begining of what was turning into a disaster... the
concrete trucks showed up and promptly sunk to the
frames in the yard... i expected some ruts but neither
I nor the drivers thought the ground was that soft...
now i had a real problem in that the backhoe was gone
and i couldnt find another one... luckily my friend
who was helping me owns a company with several
backhoes etc... he made a phone call and had one of
the backhoes rushed over to pull the trucks out and
haul the concrete back to the hole... i was lucky that
he was there, had it not been for that backhoe they
were going to unload 11-12 yards of concrete into the
yard in order to get the trucks out...

but, in the end it all worked out and i have a tower
base waiting for a tower and lots of yard work ahead
of me... when i get the pix develped i'll figure out
somewhere to post them so you all can have a good
chuckle...

Dan N8DCJ

http://shopping.yahoo.com