Re: [TowerTalk] Need U-bolt dimensions for Rohn AS25G rotator plate

To: "Benson,M Stokley" <BENSONMS@apci.com>,TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need U-bolt dimensions for Rohn AS25G rotator plate
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 06:38:08 -0700 (PDT)
What I have done in the past when I had to replace the u-bolts on the plate is
to take some "all-thread" and bend it using the tower as the form.  Then take a
hack saw and cut the all thread.  You can get all-thread from any hardware
store.  I before I cut the all thread to size, I would put on the nuts so that
I could roll the nuts off after the cut to straighten out the threads at the
cut.  I've also found u-bolts "close" to the size and reformed them for the
tower leg.  I like the all-thread method better

Your mileage may vary

Lee - K0WA

"Benson,M Stokley" <BENSONMS@apci.com> wrote:
Hello TT'ers,
In anticipation of having to replace the U-bolts on the Rohn AS25G rotator
plate currently on the tower, what are the U-bolt dimensions (i.e., distance
between legs, overall length and size - 1/4 or 5/16 inch)? Prior to posting I
did the following: 1) looked in my current Rohn catalog; 2) did a Google
search; 3) checked the TT archives; and, 4) sent a message to Stan, W7NI, about
availability of the set (unanswered to date)...all to no avail. Once I know the
dimensions I will order SS U-bolts from McMaster-Carr. Tnx.
73 / Stokley, W3SB

+