Re: [TowerTalk] 3M #35 colored electrical tape

To: <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>,"Mike Gilmer - N2MG" <n2mg@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 3M #35 colored electrical tape
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 19:09:05 -0600
Went out to a tower that has been up about ten years this morning to look at
my tapes, after reading the posts last evening.  The AZ cable was marked
with blue tape, the EL cable was marked with red tape, as is recorded in my
record book (which has taken the place of my memory).

The blue tape is still very blue.  The red tape has faded to a pale orange,
almost yellow.

These markers are placed about every ten feet, on the theory that no matter
where I was on the tower, or on the ground, I'd know which was which.

All the tapes I could reach, feel or see seemed to be still in good physical
condition, and were not peeling away.

For whatever it may be worth!

73, Barrie, W7ALW