[TowerTalk] Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 10, Issue 22

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 10, Issue 22
From: btakacs@nccw.net
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:52:57 -0400
I just took down two Universal Towers this past week and I am finding the 3/8 bolts are almost completely rusted through in the center of the bolt.. Both of these towers have been up about 10 years. There must be some corrosive action on these bolts in the center of the tower. Perhaps stainless bolts would solve this problem. Kind of scary when they use only one bolt at each leg.
Bill/K8VP