Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Newbie

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Newbie
From: gdaught6@stanford.edu
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:32:06 -0700
On 11 Oct 2003 at 15:19, John Parker wrote:

> I was a Radioman in the
> U.S. Navy (Submarines).  I retired 10+ years ago and at that time I
> could copy 18wpm.  But, my hearing has changed over the years as well.
>  I only have about 30% in my right and 65% in my left.

Don't worry, the speed will come back quickly.  As always, the key is PRACTICE!

I have tailored a couple of pairs of stereo headphones by putting a series
resistor
(determined by experiment) in the line to the phone for my "good" ear, so that
perceived volume is the same in both ears.  It seems to work pretty well.  I
spend lots
of time copying CW in contests.