Re: [TowerTalk] Lubricating Cable

To: btakacs@nccw.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lubricating Cable
From: "Gary R." <n6lrv@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 06:22:43 -0700
using a galvanized cable is the preferred method in my neck of the woods. The
zinc coating not only resists corrosion but also acts as a lubricant in those
areas where the cable makes
contact with other hardware. Using an oil will cause blowing dust and dirt to
stick to the cable which will eventually clog up the winch and pulleys in my
experience so I prefer to keep my
cables dry.
73,
Gary