RE: [TowerTalk] antenna spacing

To: "'WI8W'" <rtty@comcast.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] antenna spacing
From: "Turner, Bob" <n2scj@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:23:16 -0400
I've heard one rule of thumb is; keep any two antennas 1/2 wave apart of the
lower frequency antenna.  I think in your case you will have to compromise a
bit.

Perhaps start at the top and put a 2m/70cm vertical on it for general FM
use. The vertical may make it a better lighting target though.

>From then on, top to bottom

HF

Perhaps follow the 1/2 wave rule until you get to HF.  Then just put is as
low as you can go.

Rotor loop can be a pain.  Perhaps run HF coax up first then hang down.

What type of mast are you using?

I've got something like above on my roof.

7 3
Bob
N2SCJ