[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotors
From: "mike" <mgirardi@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:34:31 -0400
Hello i have a g-800 yaesu rotor for three years i live up in the catskill
mountains were it gets real cold. I have a five element m2 fifteen meter beam
on a thirty two foot boom. The antenna is light weight and the wind load is 7
sq feet. The antenna is mounted on a 62 foot rohn tower with the big rohn trust
bearing for the ab25g  flat top section. One problem is afther some real good
winds one of the bolts on the bearing loosens up no matter how tight i make
them. The price of the bearing is a joke compared to the yaesu 65mm bearing
that never failed on me but will not fit that top section. Than rohns rotor
plate is a joke because they leave to much space in between the ubolts so i
space it all  out   with a ruler on each leg. The three bolts on trust bearing
are all spaced with a ruler to the mast . The rotor is set right on the money
and the mast still looks like it turns cocked. I have the heavyest belden cable
you can buy and the voltage stays right on the money to motor and the antenna
turns fine untill it gets cold a few degrees to the left and right and just
give it up. The rotor will start turning again when it wants to. Summer time no
problem working. The other question is on specs it is between a cd 45  and ham
Iv  so how can they rate it at 17 sq feet to me there lieing. I think the rotor
is junk . Before going out and buying a       g-1000 yaesu because the specs on
that for the money looks good just a little under a t2x. What is the best rotor
for real cold weather. I really like some help on this because all the ham
dealers don't  no  anything about rotors.                               Thank
You mike