Re: [TowerTalk] Trylon?

To: k8ze@charter.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trylon?
From: Alan Beagley <ab2os@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:30:32 +0000
There are some pro and con messages concerning Trylon in response to my "Which Tower?" question earlier this month.

73

Alan AB2OS

On 10/24/03 01:13 am Mike Switzer put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

I have not been active for about 20 years or at least not much.  I have had
what I considered to be somewhat larger than normal (what is normal anyway)
towers and antennas in the past.  While I don't consider myself an expert I
believe I have a passing acquaintance with the subject of towers.   I have
decided on and am in the process of putting up a Universal Aluminum tower at
the present time.  While cursing the Texas Towers site looking for some
aluminum tubing to repair an old 2 meter antenna I clicked on Trylon.  I
have never heard of this manufacturer and never even looked at their
offerings, didn't know what they made,  when making my decision.  It would
not have made much difference in my decision; I live close to Universal so
it is easy to pick up tower.  My real question is does anyone have any
experience with these towers.  The specs for the price looks too good to be
true!  So what am I missing?