RE: [TowerTalk] Log Periodics for 40 through 10?

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Log Periodics for 40 through 10?
From: "Steve Gehring" <stevekz9g@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:29:53 -0700
Hi Pat,

The only LPA for amateurs that comes close to covering what you're looking
for is the 7-10-30LP8 'SKIP LOG' LPA by M2.  Here are it's specs:

Model   7-10-30LP8 'SKIP LOG'
Frequency range         10 to 30 MHz continuous and a separate
frequency tunable from 6.6 to 8.6 MHz
Typical gain    6 dBd 10-30 MHz and 3 dBd @ 7 MHz
Front to back, Typical  15 dB 10-30 MHz and 6 dB @ 7 MHz
Beamwidth       65° E and 75° in H plane
Feed impedance  50 Ohms unbalanced into 4:1 Balun
VSWR    1.8:1
Input Connector         SO-239 standard. N type available
Power Handling  3 kW standard, Higher available
Boom length and diameter        29.5 Ft X 3" X .125 wall
Maximum element length  46 Ft.
Turning radius  28 Ft.
Wind Area / Survival    13 Sq. Ft. / 100 MPH (125 MPH avail.)
Weight / ShipWt.        86 lbs / 100 lbs TRUCK ONLY

The M2 webpage is at:  http://www.m2inc.com/

Or, you could go with a large, expensive, custom built LPA that covers
something like 5 to 30 MHz that's available from certain contractors, such
as Array Solutions.  See webpage:

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/customsystems.htm

But, I doubt that you'll want to spend the  money to put up such a LARGE
array - like Ft. Bragg did.  Personally, I like the M2 skip log.  I'm even
considering it.

73 and good hunting.

Steve, KZ9G
Bothell, WA