RE: [TowerTalk] Tower wind loads

To: "Bud Hippisley, K2KIR" <k2kir@telenet.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Tower wind loads
From: "Michael Hatzakis, Jr" <mike@hatzakis.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:09:15 -0800
I recall a discussion of a similar ilk, but instead of varying wind speed,
if one varies the height of tower.  Ie., 10 sqr feet at 50ft vs 60ft?
Assume no other addition of winload, ie., in an ideal world where the
additional mast has no additional windload... is this also non-linear?  is
the ratio a sqr function, ie. inv proportional to the square of height?