[TowerTalk] Follow-up to trap taping...endorsed by Telex (Hy-Gain)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Follow-up to trap taping...endorsed by Telex (Hy-Gain)
From: "Benson,M Stokley" <BENSONMS@apci.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:11:02 -0500
Hello TT'ers,
At the urging of Bill (K4CIA) I dug a little into the TT archives (something I
should have done the first time!) using keywords "tape trap" and found the
following...

"As a result of these tests, I am now recommending the use of
black vinyl electrical tape wrapped on the trap caps to protect them against
UV exposure. However, do not close any water drain holes in the cap or trap
while doing this. As the tape may unwrap with time, you may wish to secure
the last wrap with a small tie-wrap. 73 Roger WB0DGF Telex Communications"

Input from others off the reflector supports the above.

73 / Stokley, W3SB

+