Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 40/30 and loading

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 40/30 and loading
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:48:03 EST
In a message dated 11/5/03 1:38:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jimlux@earthlink.net writes:
>>However, this seriously neglects an important issue: that of the
pattern.  An idealized dipole (or a monopole over ideal ground) with the
classical cosine current distribution has 2.15 dBi of gain, presumably
squirted in a desirable direction. Make the current uniform along that
radiator and the gain starts to look different.<<

Not really, first we are trying to get the situation with current in the
am trying to stick with quarter wave radiator (typical mobile antenna). So the
subject is current across the loading coil in a quarter wave or 90 deg.
radiator or element. Once we master and agree on that, if possible, implement
it in
modeling software, then the sky and wire is the limit.
It already opened my eyes wider, especially after W5DXP 'splanations, and I
can see some new configurations taking advantage of the phenomena.
We are working on mobile antenna shootout on East Coast in the spring, we
will be able to have fun testing the "ultimate" whips on 80 and 160m. That's
were
dBs are lost very quickly and the differences are shown more prominently.

Yuri, K3BU/m