[TowerTalk] tower on a roof

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower on a roof
From: Bob Jaeger <vze2298x@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:07:27 -0500
   I have had three rohn 25 sections on the roof of my house for about 15 years
. It was mounted over
a weight bearing wall . Channel iron was mounted on the roof to anchor the
tower base . It is guyed
at the middle and top . Heavy winds dont bother it , but the same wind has
blown trees around my house down . It is also grounded with heavy , heavy
multi-stranded cable to a ground system which includes a sixteen foot ground
rod which puts it into the water table .
                                                        BOBJ N2DXJ