Re: [TowerTalk] cable damage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] cable damage
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:39:41 -0500
Hi Craig,

> I'll bet porcupines are pbly your biggest problem Bob. They got in my
truck
> once and did over $1,000 in damage to hoses, belts, cables and other items
> in my engine compartment.

That's incredible damage!  I never would have thought of porcupines,
probably because
I haven't seen one yet in the 9 1/2 years that I lived here.  But then I
have never
seen the Mountain Lion either, that has been photographed within 1 mile of
where
I live!

Although I have not had a problem with porcupines and my car, both my wife
and I have
had significant damage from Field Mice getting into our cars and chewing
things up  - on a smaller
scale than what you had.  They have also been able to get into the "sealed
up" car from the
outside and "colonize it".  That was pretty bizarre as was the disgusting
clean-up on two occasions.

I have heard that dryer sheets keep them away (from the car) but I can't
imagine that would work
for cables outside.

73
Bob KQ2M