Re: [TowerTalk] coax critters

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax critters
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:34:56 -0500
Yeah, I forgot about Chipmunks!

> In VT, I had a regular problem, like kq2m with critters.
> Squirrels and Chippies both nibbled, leaving tiny teeth marks.
>
> It was the critters whose jaws were 3-4" wide, leaving parallel
> marks like a dull set of diags that did the most damage.  My guess
> was it was mostly coyotes, with porcupines and racoons coming in
> second.  I don't think the bears bothered.

I get a lot of this in the deep woods!  I think it is coyotes.

> One guy was particularly pissed at the snake... left a bunch of
> pieces, each 4 or 5" long, cut all the way through.  No idea what it
> was...maybe it WAS a bear....but I stopped going up on the hilltop at
> night, after finding that.  (and no, it wasn't neighbors...their cows
> used to eat my hostas and lilies, so they were particularly polite.)
>
> In suburban CT (KQ2M) it might be the local school board....?  :)

Actually I am not in suburban CT, but it is suburban compared to Northern
VT.
Definitely not the school board.  Judging by the continual stream of grossly
irresponsible
financial decisions that they make, I'd have to say they are senile and
"toothless", especially
when it comes to cutting money from the bloated budget.

Maybe I need some plastic owls facing True North?

73
Bob KQ2M