Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV Rotor Problem

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV Rotor Problem
From: Dave Hachadorian <k6ll@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:08:49 +0000

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:13:50 -0600 "Jim Brown" <jbrown@luminet.net>
writes:
> I searched the archives for this problem but the remedy given doesn?t
> help in my situation. Here?s the problem. When my rotor is pointed
> the west / southwest and stopped there it doesn?t want to restart.

You could try replacing the motor capacitor in the
control box. You can get one from your local electric
motor shop. It will probably be a physically larger,
120 vac unit, but they are cheap, and you can just
temporarily wire it in to see if it solves the problem. The
capacitance value is not particularly critical.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ