[TowerTalk] ground radial question (160m inverted L and otherverticals)

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ground radial question (160m inverted L and otherverticals)
From: "Jerry Connelly" <jerryc@clinchrivercorp.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:23:00 -0500
Thanks to everyone who gave their advice on my 160m question.
I am still trying to digest it all and decide what to do.  I will probably
put up a 160m inverted L first and later (when I remove the cb beam
and get the tribander up) I will changeout the metallic guys and try the
tower shunt feed method.  That may be spring tho.
As soon as I get a good weather weekend I will start the ground radials.
Here is the question...when using an inverted L, are the ground radials
just for the vertical portion or should they extend out underneath the
horizontal
section???  I don't remember reading any discussion on this.
The best direction for the horizontal run has limited area for radials.
Thanks
JerryC
KC8TES