[TowerTalk] Advise on a 160 Meter Antenna for an South-central Alaskan A

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advise on a 160 Meter Antenna for an South-central Alaskan Acre Lot...
From: "Steve Gehring" <stevekz9g@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 19:16:47 -0800

I am soon moving to Wasilla, Alaska, which is about 45 miles outside of
Anchorage.  The home we're buying is on a one acre lot that is approximately
160 by 300 feet.  Given the poor conductivity in the soil up there, what are
my most effective choices for 160 meter antennas for a lot this size?  Oh, I
may also have permission to use the empty 1 acre lot next door (it's
undeveloped and mostly woods) for stringing antenna or radial wire(s).

I would appreciate any thoughts, and I hope to see many of you on CW and SSB
from up there.  Thanks and 73.

Steve, KZ9G
kz9g@arrl.net