Re: [TowerTalk] I think K7NV should be ashamed of this.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] I think K7NV should be ashamed of this.
From: Kurt Andress <k7nv@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:47:11 -0800
Ok everyone....

Pulling the stuff off the offensive website is simply the most straightforward way for me to eliminate my aggravation. I didn't create the stuff and make it available to achieve that result. But, it doesn't look like you guys are going to let me take the easy way out.

Thanks to all of you who sent kind and encouraging comments, on and off the reflector. I got the first one 7 min after I sent my post (1:45 am PT)! The next one, 3 min later came from ZL. I was trying to go crash and get some sleep.
Forgive me if I don't respond to every one right away. Since, I am largely self employed these days, I need to work when I'm needed, and right now I have a lot to do.

Something like 8-10 guys came forth offering to provide free space to host my technical material, ad free.These guys are obviously terrific people who love this hobby, and are willing and able to help out. I'm taken back by the response and wanted TT readers to know that these guys are around. I think it's unfair to ask W4AN to do this, he already does way too much for us.
Regarding those that expressed willingness to financially assist in the hosting of the material, when I have a new site up and functioning properly, you can contact me and I will put you in touch with the individual that is providing the service so you can help him.

The existing stuff on the Freeyellow site will stay right where it is for now, as screwed up as it is, until I can find the time to sort out what stuff will go on what new host, in what format. Then, when I get the time to reconstruct a new site, that will happen, and I will notify this group of the URL. Then, and only then, will I start to dismantle the mess on the current site. Some stuff may remain there for quite a while. Yes, I know there are problems with it, I can't make them go away.

73, Kurt