[TowerTalk] RE: Tower Wind Calcs

To: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Tower Wind Calcs
From: "W7AOR" <w7aor@narri.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:41:44 -0800
Nevada P.E. wet stamp on docs for $250. Take it. That is cheap. No PE local
could do that.

Interesting that Henderson is asking for 90 mph. I thought that one could
just put up a tower in Henderson with the city being interested. Clark
County asks for 70 mph.

Beware that the original calcs for US Towers MA-40 is done at 50 MPH
Winds -- 16.5 sq feet; 85 lbs and at 70 MPH Winds -- 6.8 sq. feet; 65 lbs.
so at 90 mph what do you think happens to allowed antenna loading and
weight?

Good luck!
Kent W7AOR
www.narri.org