Re: [TowerTalk] temporary antenna

To: "R. Earle Sanders" <nt7y@xmission.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] temporary antenna
From: "Ron & Madhavi" <mchilkuri@kasnet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:30:26 -0500
Earle,

I have nothing as fancy as your system, but thought I'll let you know that I
run a 33' wire vertical on 40m. It starts at a pole clamped to the side of
the roof and slopes down to an anchor point on the parapet wall. The angle
is around 40 degrees. However, it does exhibit all the characters of a true
vertical.

My compassion antenna may not be close enough to me, but 6Y5IC, who lives 4
miles up the road runs an inverted vee at 90' There are times I am slightly
(1 s point) stronger, but mostly same on DX to JA/EU/VK. However, I fare
badly in the region and locally.  We run the same power.

On a different note, my friend is the one who gives me all the inspiration
and even provides me all the necessary bits and pieces! Just recently he
gifted me a 500' spool of wire for radials! For now, I have only 6 bent
radials -- to be able to accommodate them within my 10x30' backyard!  Talk
about ham spirit ! In the past, I have had people put me on a blacklist for
being stronger! Not Wenty!

73,
Ron, 6Y5/4S7RO