Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor replacement

To: w2up@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor replacement
From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:47:21 -0500
the recovering W2UP wrote:

2. Carrying a T2X in a backpack up and down the tower is very tiring

If you revers the top u-bolt on a T2X or Ham-X so that the curved part of the u-bolt is in the mast area and then put the nuts on it you have a great place to attach a beener to - as a matter of fact this can be latched onto your climbing belt... this is also nice when you get topside as you can snap the beener on a tower rung...

Climbing around sidemounted antennas an ringrotors is a royal pita fer sure... if you climb the leg rather than the face at a ring rotor you have to move your body away form the tower less as the ring is closest to the tower where it comes near the legs...

Some guys will climb the entire tower on the leg as opposed to the face, I never got used to that though and preferred the ladder like climb up the face.

-BANDCHANGE-

One of my Ham-X rotors has decided it is not bi-directional any more and is only turning CCW... this occurred when it was mid rotation, nowhere near a limit switch... I will be checking voltages etc. but has anyone ever run into this sudden "rotor fart"? Thoughts - thanks!

73,

Jim, K4OJ