RE: [TowerTalk] Beverage Ideas

To: "ABowenN4OO" <abowen@nettally.com>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Beverage Ideas
From: "Richard Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:35:13 -0800
> I believe that John, W0UN, first suggested this approach on TT, 2 or 3
> years ago. He used the "industrial strength", 6 ft T posts with 1
> 1/2" PVC

I've been using this technique since 1997.  I think I read about it in
"Low Band Monitor".  After I discovered that beverages work
better at lower heights, I switched to 4 foot high plastic
electric fence supports.  They have wire slots at various
heights, so you can choose the height you want up to 4 feet.
They have a spike you drive into
the ground by stepping on it with your foot.  At the ends,
I use T posts, but instead of slipping a PVC pipe over them,
I use the electric fence insulators that snap onto the
T post.  I also use the spring loaded "gate" insulators at
each end to maintain tension.  The Home Depot's in rural
areas stock all this stuff.  Also farm stores.

Rick N6RK