Re: [TowerTalk] Guy wire / Phillystran vibration

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy wire / Phillystran vibration
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 01:11:11 +0000
Right.  What exactly is the antenna?  How far up the mast is it mounted?  What
is the mast material?.  Is there a thrust bearing at the top?  Was the antenna
boom pointed into the wind or sideways to it?  All towers will vibrate; you
should hear my XA hum when the wind picks up!  Do your guy bracket bolts have
locknuts on all the parts?  Are all shackles the safety bolt type?  Are the
turnbuckles properly safety wired?  A lot of questions and a lot of possible
causes.  Phil  KB9CRY