Re: [TowerTalk] Interference questions dog broadband over power lines- t

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Interference questions dog broadband over power lines- twirp blames hams for BPL shortcomings
From: mcduffie@actcom.net
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:49:21 -0700
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 11:17:31 -0500, Alan Beagley wrote:

> it didn't seem to me that the author of the
> article was blaming hams -- merely reporting the two sides of the argument.

They didn't "merely report the two sides of the argument".  They set the
tone of the issue for the reader.  The article is clearly one sided in
its tone.  It left out many facts and didn't explain that the range of
frequencies BPL affects is extremely broad and covers many many
services.  The uninformed reader thinks that hams are the only ones
affected by the interference.  Notice how they mentioned nothing about
OTA TV and Radio interference.  If the public got wind of that, they'd
have a s... fit.  They also didn't mention what JA and the Brits have
done about it.  The closing statement sets the tone of the whole thing.

Gary

--
a g 0 n at a r r l dot n e t
http colon slash slash mcduffie dot ws