Re: [TowerTalk] Need help figuring out type of tower...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need help figuring out type of tower...
From: vfrpilot@bellsouth.net (Patrick Riggins)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 03:33:09 GMT
Sounds like Rohn SSV.

  I just went through this very exercise about a month ago. Had an
80-foot tower given to me (THANKS WD5FUN !!!!) and went looking to
figure out what it was. It has 20-foot sections with a taper (they are
also available not tapered) and each section is connected together
with plates. Turns out it is Rohn SSV.

  Once you get the thing apart, the identification numbers will be
stamped on the bottom of each plate.

Patrick