Re: [TowerTalk] Building a Gamma Match...

To: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Building a Gamma Match...
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:21:30 -0500
Dino,
Easiest way to build a gamma is to use a piece of RG-8 with the jacket and braid removed ... connect the center conductor to your feedline ... and slide the dielectric into the piece of aluminum tubing that's connected to the driven element ... lengths are in any Handbook or Antenna Handbook for many years .. formulae are quite simple.
Don
N8DE

Dino Darling wrote:
I know WHAT a gamma match is and HOW they work. What I don't know is how to BUILD one. I have an old CB antenna that used a gamma match that is now broken. I would like to do some experimenting with this antenna on 17 meters and need to build a new gamma rod! I've read the Antenna Handbook (#16) and it is a bit over my head. Can someone point me in the right direction to build one of these?

Dino...k6rix@earthlink.net