Re: [TowerTalk] risky business

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] risky business
From: "Carl Smidt" <smidtca@sprint.ca>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 16:04:43 -0400
I have watched US Coast Guard civil engineers climb an 1850' Loran C tower,
hot, and swing by a lanyard from leg to leg on their way down, examining the
tower's structural integrity.
Those guys had guts and were in terrific shape, I just sat in the Ops room
and watched   :>).
Jumping on a 'hot' tower, with 2 megawatts of pulse feeding it, was more
than I would like to try, but we didn't want any service down-time on the
North Atlantic.
Great guys who sure knew what they were doing.

73,   Carl   VE9OV