Empire State Building Was: [TowerTalk] climbing is risky business

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Empire State Building Was: [TowerTalk] climbing is risky business
From: "Mike Gilmer - N2MG" <n2mg@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 07:18:23 -0800 (PST)
It's a picture of the Empire State Building. The ESB is
at 34th St and 5th Ave.

If I have my bearings right, west is more or less "up"
in the photo;  34th Street is running up/down in the
photo, just to the "right" (north) of the building.

The road running at an "angle" (from the center of the
left edge and up) is Broadway.

More info/photos:
http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0109/times01.htm

http://www.baubedarfhandel.com/building-world/______change_the_light_bulb_at/______change_the_light_bulb_at.html

Mike N2MG

N2MG wrote:
>You can find that photo in several places on the
>web... I'll bet this is it:
>
>http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/53a722f2/6c779727
>
>Actually, there needs to be three guys up there - one
>to take the photo. You can see his foot if you look
>for it!

N4ZR wrote:
I'm no expert on NY geography -- wonder if
anyone can identify the site from the streets and
buildings.

http://www.peoplepc.com