[TowerTalk] K4OJ SK

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K4OJ SK
From: "Richard Gillingham" <rmoodyg@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:21:15 -0500
I received this earlier today.  Jim was a frequent participant on this
reflector.  I knew him, and he will be missed.

Gil, W1RG

Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 3:28 PM
Subject: [FCG] K4OJ SK

Dear friends:

In September of 2002 K4OJ sat at this computer and wrote a poignant obituary
honoring his father, W1CW, who had died that very morning.

On this afternoon of February 12, 2004, it is my reluctant turn to sit here
and tell you that Jim did not survive yesterday's surgery.  He left us about
11:30 a.m. this morning following liver failure after the somewhat risky
heart valve replacement.

Just this past weekend he had a tremendous time operating the FOC Marathon
and producing a splendid accounting of himself.  This was just one more
achievement during his lifetime of fun in and service to Amateur Radio and,
in particular, the Florida Contest Group of which he was the first
president.  His operating abilities were manifest and he almost always the
first one to volunteer his help, in spite of his declining physical
abilities.

I know many of you will share my loss.

Ellen, W1YL/4 "ln"