Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower up With Some Issues 2L40 TH7

To: mike@mallardcove.com, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower up With Some Issues 2L40 TH7
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:31:42 EST
In a message dated 2/15/04 9:51:40 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
mike@mallardcove.com writes:
I have
also seen some erroneous readings with the mfj unit.  My station is 5 miles
from KOA radio and 50kw!

I hook up my ICE BCB (model 402) high pass filter to my MFJ -259B before
taking any "serious" readings on 80m and 160m. Makes all the differences in the
world. Closest AM broadcast station to me is abt 10 miles but still can cause
problems. In fact, on 160m, I cant get a stable reading on the MFJ without the
outboard fillter.

73, Bob K8IA
in the shadow of the Superstition Mtns
Arizona USA