RE: [TowerTalk] Dipole Problem

To: "reflector -tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Dipole Problem
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:30:26 -0000
Its probably not the egg.  I would bet there is an interaction with
something in or under the roof, wiring, gutters, drip edge, flashing,
etc. also bending the ends will change it a bit.  Remember also that the
lower to the ground a dipole is the lower the impedance, so you may not
be too far off anyway.

A 2:1 balun would bring you right up to 50 ohms or so.  With just about
any feedline of reasonable length the loss on 75m would be negligible so
you could feed it directly and just put a tuner in the shack, which
would also give added flexibility for tuning other places in the band or
even for other bands.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net