[TowerTalk] bracket mounted rohn 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] bracket mounted rohn 25G
From: "Steve Hanlon" <asciibaron@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:18:15 -0500
i have dug thru the archives and read the comments- pro and con - for
bracket mounting to the house.  my yard is large enough that the zoning will
permit a 60' tower, but the yard would not be very useful if it was
encumbered with guys.  much pressure from the XYL to have a safe place for
our toddler to play. when she puts it like that, i have to agree.

my house is about 28' feet tall and i'm looking for a minimum of a 40'
tower.  that puts about 15' above the house.  i originally wanted to go to
50' figuring the side of the house was closer to 32-33'.  now that i have
taken some rough measurements, i the upper bracket will be roughly 26' from
the base of the tower.  the county rules will allow a 60' tower, but i'm
looking for the maximum safe height above the 26' bracket.  my thinking is
the ceiling is 40' and anything greater is asking for trouble.

steve hanlon
KB3KAQ