Re: [TowerTalk] W6AM book availability

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W6AM book availability
From: Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:44:45 -0800
I recall that Don passed away around 1985 or so (the book was published
in 1991).  I knew him when I was a member of the Southern California DX
Club and after moving away from CA I used to travel to L.A. quite a bit
on business.  One trip coincided with the monthly SCDXC meeting and I
was fortunate to share a table with Don for dinner before the meeting.
We had a nice conversation and I was sad to hear of his passing several
weeks later.

I believe Don was a few inches shorter than I am (6' 7").  The Los
Angeles Times published a picture showing him at the top of a tower at
the age of 89.

Bob, N7XY (W6SWE at the time)

On 02/26/04 20:36:54, Al N6TA wrote:
>Didn't this book come out after Don passed?  Signed by the author, I
>guess.
>I never work him but did have an eyeball at hamfest: he seemed as
>tall
>as
>the rhombics!  And I am 6'...
>
>Al