Re: [TowerTalk] Wall Street Journal BPL article response

To: "Scott Johns" <petvet@adelphia.net>,"Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wall Street Journal BPL article response
From: "Chuck Mills" <w3yni@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:53:28 -0500
Seversl years ago, probably more like 5 or 6 the Wall Street Journal
published an article about a bunch of "archaic old men" using valueable
radio frequencies to communicate on such an outdated medium as morse code
when there were so many better uses for the airwaves.  Very very biased,
results oriented reporting.  No mention of the public service work done or
any of the "good" that radio amateurs do.  Of course there was quite a mess
on the airwaves at the time with 80m and such as this was before the
enforcement effort was stepped up but the idea that thet would "report" the
news in such a way was one of the defining moments in teaching a
20-something such as I was on how to interpret the news.

Sorry if this is off topic for the list but I thought it relevant to make
know about another shot across the bow of amateur radio that the WSJ has
taken.

73's,
Chuck / W3YNI