Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Head / Pulley

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Head / Pulley
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:40:18 -0500
Wellll I found one photo that sorta shows most of how the Gin Pole top is
constructed.  I put it in "My Tower Project" and it's about the 6th row of
photos.

Unfortunately I haven't found the actual top so I can photograph the
details.

http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/tower.htm

The important points are it is a very simple construction.  The top can just
be a piece of tubing large enough to slip over the top of the pole.  Then
you fit a ring inside it to prevent it from slipping down over the pole or
binding.

The arms, again, are simple.  Just welded on with enough space for the
pulley (s) and a brace. The length should be enough to allow swinging the
tower sections into place over what has already been installed.

They are rugged, cheap, and easy to make. No dimensions are critical, just
the fit of the top over the pole needs to be a easy slip fit.  It's one of
those things you can measure with a micrometer and cut with a chain saw.
Welll...you might want a good chain for that.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com