RE: [TowerTalk] Fiberglass UV

To: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Fiberglass UV
From: "WD4K" <WD4K2@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:39:59 -0600
Yes indeed, I would be surprised, considering that some of the very best
manufacturers of antennas have yet to defeat UV and mother nature...mother
always wins.
Nonsense?..not so when your own comments even limit the life expectancy to
10 years or so, and that is probably a stretch..time will tell. I have
nothing against steppir..I saw the presentation at Dayton and it is a well
engineered product. Have a good friend who has one and he seems to like it
alot.
However, I have seen the results of fiberglass exposed to the elements and
comment only on that..have no idea of your time and cost to repair every ??
years. That is a value call you have to make.
Nonsense would be exposing a piece of aluminum alongside a piece of
fiberglass to the elements.. and expecting the fiberglass to outlast the
aluminum...unless you encased the fiberglass inside the aluminum...that
might work. 73, Tommy