Re: [TowerTalk] Rise in steel prices?

To: "tongaloa" <tongaloa@alltel.net>,"Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rise in steel prices?
From: "Geoff" <geoffrey@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:41:04 -0500
It will be getting worse in May. The US Govt will be adding a 20-25%
dumping fee on Chinese steel products exported to the USA. Watch the US
companies immediately profiteer on this. The law is that orders placed
before May are free of the tarriff until 2006.

In the past Rohn bought a lot of their steel from Korea. All the galvy
guy wire sold under their name and others is/was Korean.

What you are seeing now is a Chinese price increase as they start to
gain clout.

Geoff