Re: [TowerTalk] Tension on tramline

To: <rf@xemaps.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tension on tramline
From: <sabrams@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 15:04:04 -0400
David,
There is an easier way to raise the antenna.  Raise the antenna straight up
the tower so that the elements are vertical and the boom is perpendicular to
the boom of the fixed antenna.  Bring it right up to the fixed boom and then
rotate the antenna vertically so that the boom and elements just roll around
the fixed boom.  Once over, continute raising as usual.  You have to plan
this kind of raising so that the antenna is not upside down once the
rotation is completed.  I used this method to stack a 35 foot boom 15 meter
beam over my 54 foot boom 20 meter beam.  (You have to tie the boom trusses
to the boom during this manuever.)  Good luck.  73  Saul  K2XA