[TowerTalk] RE: 55 foot Rohn 25G proposed tower, source for HD housebrac

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: 55 foot Rohn 25G proposed tower, source for HD housebracket?
From: "Steve Gehring" <steveg@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 23:05:53 -0800
All:

I'll agree with Bill's recommendations, and not go more that 20 to 25 feet
above the top house bracket.  This is also based on my similar experience
with a bracketed 40' 25G on the side of my house while in Iowa.  The tower
was bracketed at only one spot - just at the 15' level (to include a 1 cubic
yard concrete base).  It did fine with a load like an A3S, but it did sway
quite a bit.  If you're in a high wind area, stay away from freestanding 30'
of this stuff.  Be conservative, and only go 20', or maybe 25' of unguyed
25G above the bracket.

Oh, also make sure you do a great job of installing a nice concrete base -
it'll need it.  73.

Steve, NL7W
nl7w@arrl.net