Re: [TowerTalk] UBC On-Line?

To: "Bob Farkaly" <bob@farkaly.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UBC On-Line?
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:30:18 -0700
Forgot to mention in last response..

Since you're going to have to have a licensed PE sign the plans, they'll
have the code handy, and will have no problem making the statement on the
title sheet.  I'd venture to say that most tower companies will provide a
suitable signed and sealed set of drawings for some nominal (few hundred
bucks) fee.  The California market is big enough that it justifies their
having someone do it.

One wonders, of course, whether Poway is "making reasonable accommodation"
as required by PRB-1, but then, that's a another battle..

Section 106... might be a reference to a Poway municipal code.

Be forewarned, the regulatory agencies and code enforcement people (as you
have found) have zero interest in making life easy for people not in the
building trades.  If you're a contractor, the few hundred bucks to get all
the relevant codes (and keep them up to date) is a trivial expense.
Everyone one else is essentially an annoyance. (Sorry if I've maligned the
vast majority of hardworking conscientious building department folks out
there.. but, they're overworked and understaffed, and can barely keep up
with the requests of folks who "know what they are doing" with run of the
mill stuff).