[TowerTalk] WTB HBU or HBUTVRO Bracket(s)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] WTB HBU or HBUTVRO Bracket(s)
From: rentwist@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:41:09 +0000
First,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query regarding my proposed tower
installation.  The jist of it is don't put up 55 feet unless I guy it.  Maybe
45 feet with a bracket at 21 feet, and then use two brackets.

Now, about brackets (and being more direct in my inquiry).  I would like to
purchase a HBUTVRO (preferred) and/or HBU bracket, new or used.  Please state
price and condition.  The HBA/B/C series of brackets look a lot weaker than the
HBU ones and thus my preference.

Also, am I correct that the HBU and HBUTVRO brackets are adjustable (extra
holes) for 25G, 45G and 55G??

Alternatively, I am considering making my own (especially if I use guys, makes
the bracket secondary rather than primary means of support).  Does anyone have
or know of design/construction information for these (or similar) brackets?  I
could devise one of my own using the isometric drawings in the Rohn accessories
PDF as a starting point, but it will be a WAG to some degree.

I assume that soft steel angle is the way to go and not tempered steel (like
that found in old bed frames).  The tempered steel is very strong, but brittle.

73,

Bob, WA2T