[TowerTalk] 40 beam

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 beam
From: Tom Martin <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:36:51 -0500
I have used a Mosley S402 for 30 years.  I had it 8 feet above a TH6DXX
for 12 years and no problem with interaction.  Now, I have it 8 feet
above a Hygain 205CA and there isn't any interaction.  I don't have it
off 90 degrees either.  The 40 beam also doubles as my 15 meter beam
through a tuner.  It does well.  I worked P5 with it and the T33C team
without much effort on the second day.  I am going to put up a 17/15
quad this summer to have dedicated antennas on those bands.  The S402
does not work on 17 meters as well as my Hygain 205CA.  The Mosley is
expensive and  has center loading coils but it is a workhorse.

Tom W8JWN in the Propagation "Black Hole" of the Upper Peninsula