[TowerTalk] RE: [Antenna Discussion] BPL article.... amazing....!!!

To: "GeorgeM" <georgemain@worldnet.att.net>,<antenna-discussion@antennex.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,<antennas@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: [Antenna Discussion] BPL article.... amazing....!!!
From: "Jack L. Stone" <jack@antennex.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:20:00 -0500
As I reported yesterday, here in the sub-tropics in South Texas, we
experienced a major electrical storm that lasted for about 12 hours. I was
here from 2:30am throughout the storm monitoring the servers that all have
UPSes attached in case of a total power outage likely to occur in such
conditions.

Was glad I wasn't using the power lines for the Internet during this
powerful storm that was so loud (and near), vehicle intrusion alarms were
going off every few minutes. The storms kept forming hour after hour right
over Corpus Christi at the Gulf of Mexico coast as I watched on weather
radar.

No extended outage, but now I know more about those "notches & spikes"
recorded by the UPSes -- The UPSes weren't sure which ones, but knew about
them occurring.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone

... http://www.antennex.com