Re: [TowerTalk] Coax specifications, etc.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax specifications, etc.
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:00:50 -0400
> Interestingly, there is no such thing as Mil-Spec RG-213
or RG-58, since
> the "slash sheet" for that coax has been invalidated since
the early
> 90's(although it's available for reference).  The military
no longer buys
> PVC jacketed coax, so there's no need for a procurement
spec.  MIL-C-17/74C
> for RG-213, -17/28C for RG-58

Not to whip a dead horse, but there is no standard testing
spec used in cables that are NOT intended to be sold under
mil spec.

My point is we shouldn't compare ratings offered by
different vendors unless we know with certainty the vendors
test and rate using the same standards.

73 Tom