[TowerTalk] PL-259 vs N

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] PL-259 vs N
From: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:03:52 -0700
I disagree. I have installed these connectors without any problems. The center pin can not be pushed out while inserting the coax. If you are completely worried, try tinning the ends first.

Steve, I think it is a disservice to this group to discourage the use of this connector or warn against its use. Care must be taken with ANY installation and the difference between solid and stranded is only that...stranded and solid!

(I'm leaving spaces here so you can see where my conversation ends and the "copied" posts begin.)

Steve Katz said (its so hard to follow his replies sometimes)

Dino...k6rix@earthlink.net