RE: [BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259, good ones vs. bad ones

To: 'Dino Darling' <k6rix@earthlink.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259, good ones vs. bad ones
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:24:19 -0700
I agree with Dino on this one.

Only caveat about "silver plated with Teflon insulation" is that you usually
won't know who made them, since Amphenol does not make UHF connectors with
this particular construction.  They make PTFE-insulated PL259s, but they're
not silver-plated.  And they make silver-plated PL259s, but they're not
Teflon.  One company who seems to control quality on the silver/Teflon
PL259s pretty well is J&I Manufacturing, but they don't put their logo on
them.  They usually just place "Made in U.S.A." stamped into the shell, and
that's about all.  Anybody could stamp connectors this way, so it's a bit of
a crap shoot...

WB2WIK/6