[TowerTalk] raising a tower

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] raising a tower
From: "isp" <isp@bnjcomp.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:07:30 -0500
I have built towers using gin poles and it is going ok yet a bit slow.  I
have to build another tower and have learned that people build them on the
ground and use a crane or similar to raise them in the air.  So I called a
crain company that does tower raises for a local professional tower company
to see what it would cost to do so. The cost was very acceptable and wanted
to do it that way.  They said that they need to be given the "pick" point
for the tower so they knew where to hook on without damaging the tower.  So
I called the manufactuer (NELLO) to ask.  They won't give pick points for
thier towers and say it is the tower installers responsibility.  How do I
find these "pick" points?  It is a 125' nello 45 N tower.

thanks Terry